He is my Everything

by - 1:46 AM



“Who is Jesus to you?”

Recently I heard a preacher say that this is one of the questions he uses when he begins to share the gospel with people.  This stood out to me so much that I almost immediately went to the wonderful world of social media to find out from my friends who He is to them.  The responses that I received, I loved.

Though each response varied, they all made one thing very, very clear: He is EVERYTHING.

In some responses, Jesus is their Redeemer and in others He is their Friend.
There were so many wonderful words that described just some of the many “who”s that Jesus is.
The responses were able to vary because, unlike me and you, Jesus is not confined to just a few titles.

I’ve shared the question, but what I have not shared yet is who Jesus is to me:

When I was formed in my mother’s womb, He became my Creator.
When I said a prayer that changed my life forever, He became my Savior.
When I feel lonely, He is my Best Friend.
When I am afraid, He is my Protector.
When my family and I go through difficult days, He is my Strength.
When life gets confusing, He is my Answer.
When I hear that a doctor is unsure of something, I KNOW He is my Healer.
When I am lost, He is my Light.
When I am sad and burdened, He is my Smile.
When I sin, He is my Giver of Grace.
When I pray, He is my Listener.
When I am weary, He is my Hand to Hold.
When I am hurting, He is the Arms around Me.
When I feel stressed, He is my Hope.
Even from before I was born, He was and is my Father.
Even though He is the King, He is also my Daddy.

He is all these things and so much more.
He is my Redeemer, my Friend, my Love, my Guide, my Breathe, my Life, my Happiness, my Forgiver, my Everything.

Without Him, I am NOTHING.  
There is nothing that I can do on my own.  I am a sinner, unworthy of everything good.  But, He loves me anyway.

Jesus loves me enough to call me His daughter and His friend.  He loves me enough to be mocked and spit on and to die on a cross because I am a sinner in need of a Savior.  He loves me enough to be raised from the dead on the third day.  He loves me enough to leave behind an empty tomb on this earth to watch over me while seated by the right hand of God.  Jesus even loves me enough to save my sinful soul so that I may spend an eternity celebrating and worshiping in Heaven with Him.

Without Him, I am nothing and I deserve nothing.
But with Him, I am a daughter of the King.

Beth, who is Jesus to you?”
My Jesus…He is my everything.

You May Also Like

0 comments